Open enrollment has ended for 2014
After Open Enrollment, you can enroll in private coverage through Maryland Health Connection or change your current plan only if you have a qualifying life event or a complex situation related to applying.
The next open enrollment begins Nov. 15.
If you think you may qualify for a special enrollment period
Call our Consumer Support Center at 855-642-8572 (TTY 855-642-8573). A representative will ask for information to determine if your circumstances qualify you for a special enrollment period. If you do, the representative will help you enroll in coverage.
You can enroll at any time if you qualify for Medicaid
Medicaid enrollment is year-round. If you qualify for Medicaid, you can enroll online at any time.
Life changes that may qualify you for a special enrollment period
If you experience any of the following life changes, you may qualify for special enrollment in health coverage on Maryland Health Connection:
- Get married or divorced
- Have a child, adopt a child, or place a child for adoption
- Have a change in income
- Get health coverage through a job or a program like Medicare or Medicaid
- Change your place of residence
- Have a change in disability status
- Gain or lose a dependent
- Become pregnant
- Experience other changes that may affect your income and household size
- Other changes that may affect eligibility: change in tax filing status; change of citizenship or immigration status; incarceration or release from incarceration; change in status as an American Indian/Alaska Native or tribal status; correction to name, date of birth, or Social Security number.
Other complicated cases that may qualify you for a special enrollment period:
Application or enrollment error
You experienced technical difficulties during open enrollment that prevented you from completing your application and enrolling in a health plan. For example:
- A system outage or error caused you to get an incorrect eligibility result
- Incorrect plan data was displayed at the time that you selected your health plan
- You were working with a consumer assistance worker on an enrollment issue that was not resolved before March 31.Your application may have been rejected by the insurance company’s system because of errors in reading the data, or some of the data was missing or inaccurate.
If you think another circumstance occurred that prevented you from enrolling during the open enrollment period or from enrolling during a special enrollment period, call our Consumer Support Center at 855-642-8572 (TTY 855-642-8573).